In this article, we will give you 5 moving tips on how to make a move to make the process much easier and more comfortable for you.
The most important thing about a move is packaging because if you use a good packing technique, you will ensure that your most precious items arrive safely to your new home. Read these 5 important tips on how to pack and mover perfectly. Let’s begin!
1. Start packing at least 2 weeks before the big day
From Mister Mover, we recommend that you start packing two weeks before the day of the move. So, when the day comes, you will have everything ready to make the transfer.
Pack things you do not use in your day to day, such as books, clothes from the previous season, decoration figures, etc.
2. Plan the Packaging Material that you will need
The second moving tip we give you so you know how to make a move is to plan the Packaging Material you will need.
Depending on the number of people who are going to make the move or if it will be from a house or a flat, you will need moving boxes. In addition to using cardboard boxes to pack your things, you will also need Bubble Plastic to protect the most fragile objects.
Also, you will also have to have at hand Adhesive Tape to close the boxes correctly. Although it is not a priority, it is also recommended to have some airtight bags to store, for example, the screws of the furniture that you disassemble. Being such small objects, it is very easy for them to get lost during the move.
Miste Mover has eco-friendly boxes for hire with Packaging Accessories so that you do not miss anything in your move. In addition, with these Packs you will have no doubt about how to make a move thanks to the following accessories:
- Different measures of cardboard boxes
- Bubble plastic
- Scotch tape
- Cutter to open the boxes more easily
- Hermetic bags
- Adhesive labels with the “Very Fragile” printing to notify which are the boxes that have to be treated with more affection
- Wardrobe box so you can store your clothes
- Adhesive labels to write the inventory of the contents of the box. So, when you are in your new home. It will be much easier for you to find where your things are.
3. Pack with order
It is better to pack room by room , since later it will be much easier and faster to unpack everything in the place where it corresponds.
On how to make a move, it is also advisable to make an inventory with the number of boxes you have per room. Number all the boxes and you will know what is the first you have to unpack when you arrive at your new home.
Save a box for each member of the family, this will be the “survival” box. Where you will have to put a few changes, toothbrushes to be able to spend the 2 or 3 days after the move and until everything is in place.
4. Pack carefully
For heavier objects (for example books), we recommend that you use small moving boxes. Since if you want to know how to make a move, this is a trick that will help you a lot, because later it will be easier to carry the boxes with ease.
As for the dishes , you will have to wrap them with Bubble Plastic (no need to wrap them one by one). And, inside the box, place them vertically, because in this way they are more resistant to blows. Then, you will have to fill in the gaps with Bubble Plastic to prevent them from moving during the move.
For glasses , it is necessary to wrap them one by one with Bubble Plastic. Then, keep them standing and, as you have done with the dishes, fill in the gaps that may remain.
Also, as we have told you before about how to make a move, in the Movings Packs you will have stickers with the “Very Fragile” printing to notify the boxes that carry this type of objects.
5. It is time to make the move
In this post where we explain how to make a move, we could not skip the transfer process. In it all the boxes are loaded in the truck or in the van.
If you have hired a Movers, they will know how to do it. In case you are the one who makes the transfer, you should optimize the space as much as possible.
First you will have to load the heavier and bulky objects , such as furniture or appliances. Think of distributing them correctly in the truck or in the van to distribute the weight.
Other 2 mini-tips that you can not miss:
- Do not use the Adhesive Tape to close the drawers or cabinets of the furniture, since later it will be very difficult to remove the glue. Use the Adhesive Tape only to close the boxes for removals.
- Household appliances (such as computer, tablet, laptop, etc.). In addition to wrapping them with bubble wrap, we suggest you also wrap them with blankets and clothes. Since being such fragile objects, it is better to protect them in the best way you know.